On The Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Fear and Awesomeness

This picture I took a long time ago...it is of my cousin riding the swing on the farm. The swing no longer is up on the farm but for the majority of my years growing up this big swing existed. Over the years it was up in two different spots...the first spot was down in the timber. It would swing out over the valley of the timber. The second spot it hung was further down in the timber and would swing out over a farm pond (see above picture,) This swing was one of the highlights of hanging out at the farm. It was a mix of fear and awesomeness. I can remember dragging the swing up the side of the hill...then you would have to hold the big cable...you would pull yourself up on the cable and let the swing go...hoping you landed on the seat on the way down. It was a fear built up inside but once you took the leap and swung out over everything it was pure awesomeness. My grandma told me that when she would gather cows on the farm sometimes she would stop and take a few swings on that farm swing...she said,"and I was even a mom at that time." I loved that swing!

In this moment in my life decisions are being made that are on the verge of fear and awesomeness. Sometimes it is scary to jump but I feel like on the way down it will be full of awesomeness. I try to think of that old farm swing in these moments and life decisions. I have decided it is better to  always jump...to take that leap into fear and awesomeness!

No comments

Post a Comment


UP